Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

2nd post today...

Cathy, the folded ribbon roses' dimensions are 2 1/2" wide by 4" high - but they probably stand out from the fabric just fractionally over 1/2" ... definitely not an heirloom piece, but I suppose it's quite pretty. I don't want to go to the expense of framing it, and probably too small to make a flat-fold out of it ... mind you, I don't suppose flat-folds have limits in size ... never thought about that before ... hmmm :)

Today's "Stitching Blogger's Question" was suggested by Dianne and is:
If you have stitched for a while, can you usually pick out the DMC colors you need from memory when you go to your LNS? (For example, you know that 610 is a brown.)
I have to admit, I do remember quite a lot of the DMC numbers - mainly from using them so much in previous projects ... and partly just from reorganising my DMC stash so many times into different storage systems haha ...

In fact that's what I ended up doing most of yesterday - reorganising my DMC skeins/bobbins all together into Floss Away bags (or whatever little plastic bags I could find at the time, as I ran out of FA bags quite quickly!) ... it made me realise this is a much better way of storing my floss stash - I was stunned what on earth possessed me to end up with so many skeins of some of these colours ... why on earth did I think I'd need about 6 skeins of 321 red?? Goodness knows!! Anyway, at least now I'll know at a glance exactly how much of each colour I have on hand, rather than having my bobbins in one area, one skein of some in my folders, and the 'excess' skeins in separate baggies ... now they're all in one place, and hopefully will play nicely together! It now means I'm going to have go buy a bigger container to house all those baggies in, though - my current one that was being used for my 'excess' now runneth over!! LOL. Was great fun reorganising them all though :)

7Comments:

Blogger Schokti said...

Anne - what a wonderful blog you have - I don't think I have wandered over here before. Thanks for commenting to me - I would have missed out here! Btw, DMC 321, IMHO, is a wonderful Christmas red - I alter a lot of ornaments and do little motifs with this colour!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Your folded ribbon rose finish is beautiful! I was going to suggest a pin or necklace to wear or maybe a name tag but it is larger than I thought it was. It would make a very pretty pin cushion!

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AnneS:

I also use the baggies. I found that the Rubbermaid (tm) bread boxes work great for storing them. It takes 4 boxes to hold all of the DMC colors.

2:15 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I finally got all mine organized in an Excel sheet today for future reference ...

2:54 AM  
Blogger Kali said...

YAY for DMC321! :)
*pausing to wipe drool off keyboard* Your work is all beautiful Anne!

2:59 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I know what you mean about finding doubles of floss colors....the last time I put away bobbins from finished projects, I found LOTS of multiples. And the thing is, a lot of them weren't even "pretty" colors that I use frequently! So I have 3 almost-full bobbins of a rather obnoxious shade of orange.... hrrrrmmmm. *scratching head*

6:33 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

lol. I just went thru my floss stuff & re-organized. I have a better system, not perfect, improved none-the-less. I did find another cardboard shoe box for my expanding floss. I have 3 shoe boxes of floss.

Finally found one thing to cheer about as Alexander continues to outgrow his footwear. Floss storage units .... LOL

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home