Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Happy dance #4 for the weekend!

Crikey, I'm surprising myself with my stitching marathon this weekend - in answer to your question, Jenna, I'm not joining in with the Stitch-a-Thon this weekend, as today (Sat) it's the last day of my visitors being here, and we're supposed to be meeting up with another friend who's down visiting from Brisbane some time during the day, then out for dinner tonight with Fraze and Hayley ... and I'm working 4 hours overtime tomorrow ... so I didn't think it left me with much stitching time. Now, if I'd classed my Stitch-a-Thon for 24 hours from Thursday night, I'd be laughing!! :D

Anyway, last night I still couldn't stop stitching - I was laying in bed, with my ornie magazines next to me and the fabric and threads for another very small project, and watching Medium on TV ... well, let's just say the temptation got too much for me, and at 10.30pm I picked up the needle again for a while. I got half of it stitched last night, then woke up early and finished the other half this morning while my houseguests are still sleeping their heads off. Don't know what time they came home, but it was at least after 2am - goodness knows when they'll eventually surface ... probably just in time to have a quick coffee with Tom. Anyway, here is my last finish for the weekend ... yeah, I know, I said that yesterday ... haha. It's the Peace*Joy*Love ornament by Lizzie*Kate from the 2002 JCS ornie issue - and I stitched this to complete a challenge on the Friends Gather BB to "broaden your horizons". A different theme is set each month, and this month's was L*K/Mosey 'n Me style.

OK, off to do some quiet housecleaning and some computer software upgrades while my guests sleep everything off ;P

20Comments:

Blogger cathymk said...

Wow Anne, You have acheived so much lately. Congratulations!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Wow Anne your needles must be smoking this weekend. Congratulations on all the lovely finishes

10:35 PM  
Blogger Schokti said...

You are on fire, Anne! The ornament looks fabulous - congratulations!

2:06 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Wow, you sure are on fire!! Yay! Cute ornie!!!

3:35 AM  
Blogger Von said...

You've far more than made up for any lost stitching time you had this week, Anne!! That's wonderful!

4:29 AM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

I stitched this one last Christmas, and had fun with it.

5:15 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

I thought I smelled smoke.......I was right-it was your needle burning up!! Goodness you are a stitching machine these days :) I LOVE IT!
Congratulations my friend :)

6:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

my word Anne, y7ou have got turbo needles and starting projects at 10.30 at night... wahoo!!! Go girl!!

6:45 AM  
Blogger lobea2004 said...

Anne, congrats for your most recent finishes, they're all lovely.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Wow, you are just smoking this weekend!! Keep up the great work...your finishes all look lovely!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

All of your finishes look great!!

8:46 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Are you trying to make the rest of us look like lazy duffers? ;-)

10:06 AM  
Blogger Bastet said...

Boy you've been busy Anne! Congrats on getting so many wonderful ornies done this weekend. I thought I was going through a few small pieces quickly! You go girl.
hugs

10:41 AM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

look at the cute ornament, you will need new needles soon :-0

2:23 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Wow smoking needles or what, congrats on another finish, its a cute one.

2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew! I hope you unplugged your smoke detector this weekend because there must be smoke coming off of that needle!

I'm glad that you've been able to fit in some stitching time for yourself even with guests in the flat. I hope you had a great time on Saturday!

4:16 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

wow Anne! you have been stitching your heart out!! I haven't stopped by for a few days so it was lovely to see all your happy dances - just awesome. have a great week!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Wow! You really had a productive weekend - way to go! The past two weeks have been quite busy for me so I'm still trying to finish my version of Apricot Elegance - I have lessons 7, 8 & 9 to go yet. We'll have to keep each other on track!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

Wow, I am impressed! WAy to go!
On a blogger question....your blogpatrol button is not working..mine either! Any suggestions?
Cheers
Nicole

9:46 PM  
Blogger Chiara said...

Your Lizzie kate ornament are lovely!!!

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home