Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

I'm still alive ...

Sorry if a couple of you have been worried that I haven't been blogging, but I'm still around - this week's shifts have taken its toll on me, and I haven't had the time or energy to pick up a needle until briefly last night. I'm now off out to have brunch with a couple of girls from work, for one of their birthdays, then it's an early night for me ready for my 6am shifts this week. Not sure how much time I'll have for blogs or stitching this week, as Rox and her partner arrive from NZ on Tuesday for about 3 nights, and Fraze is here as well ... I'm trying hard to catch up on blogs when I can - my apologies if it's been a while since I've commented on your blogs, but I'm really behind since my last visitors were here, and I'm struggling to catch up again.

Anyway, I'll sign off this brief post with my stitching progress from last night - I finally dragged out my Marine Elegance to work on. Unfortunately I got out of the rhythm of stitching this one while waiting for my PC#12 to arrive, and I've only just had the 'head space' for picking it up again. I only managed to get the four-sided stitches done between the sections, and just over a third of the buttonhole stitching on the edges ... still have a long way to go yet to get this finished, but that's my challenge before I touch anything else ... the only exception to that is my charity quilt blocks which need to be done shortly. We'll get there with this one, Cathy :)

18Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

Hope you get some good rest and things settle down a bit soon :)

Your 'Marine' Elegance looks stunning. So much nicer than the original colours :)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

I really love the blues you picked for this piece. It is wonderful! Hope you can catch up on some good rest soon:)

3:31 PM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

This blue piece is just coming out great. A little stitching is better than none. Enjoy your friends and try to get a little rest, CJ

4:59 PM  
Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

This is looking really lovely Anne! Enjoy your visitors and the last of the Commonwealth Games!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Hello Anne! Marine Elegance is a stunner :)
Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my blog - I always LOVE to hear from you!
As for my smilies, well I search them on Google image (put the settings to "gif" and "small images" and add smiley or smilie in the search box, e.g. cry smilie); and I've got a few favourite smiley sites too. When I find some to my liking, I save them up onto my Photobucket account and link them from there.
The sites I use most are
http://www.websmileys.com/ and http://www.clicksmilies.com

Hope this helps!
And above all I hope you're having a restful Sunday :) Take care!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Karen's Blog said...

Marine ELegance is just beautiful Anne. I hope you have a great time with your visitors:)

11:46 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Hi Anne,
Good to catch up with you this morning, and to see a few comments on some of the blog catch up I've been attempting, lol! Glad you were able to get a few stitches in ME last night I think if you don't have the head space to stitch, you could just sit and hold it, admire it, and catch the good vibes eminating from it! You'd be sure to have a great day. :D It's just gorgeous, and very restful.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Marine Elegance is beautiful!

I finally finished the stitching on my version of Apricot Elegance. Hopefully I will be able to complete the finishing soon!

3:08 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

ooooh, that's looking gorgeous!!

(((Anne)))

3:09 PM  
Blogger RĂ³sa said...

That's a beautiful piece. I love the colors :-D

9:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful piece of work Anne.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Marine elegance is looking great! You are just one busy lady! I'm sure you will find your rhythm again soon. :D Good luck and have fun. :D

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!! So blue and so you!!!!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

What beautiful blues!!!!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Casa Pearl said...

This is a lovely piece Anne! Hope your week goes smoothly - Monday's already gone - yeah!

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marine is gorgeous. Please don't forget I would like a name of a framer in Melbourne to suggest to my friend who I am sending a cross stitch to.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

It's beautiful!!

2:48 AM  
Blogger Elanor said...

I love the colours, this blue fabric is wonderful!
And thanks for all the nice comments you leave on our blog, we really appreciate them...
Take care...

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home