Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I got the job!!!

It's 2.40am, and I've just walked in the door from work, and I just couldn't wait until tomorrow to blog about my news! The Hotliner who is on from 6pm-2am called in sick, so they asked me to cover his shift ... I was on 4pm-midnight shift on the phones, so I said I'd take on the extra 2 hours at the end as overtime - and that's a good thing, as it looks like I'll need every cent I can get my hands on for a while ...

At 11.30pm tonight I got a call from the Hotline Supervisor, Sally, to say she couldn't go to sleep without calling me - she finished work at 3pm, so left before I arrived at work ... anyway, earlier today they gave the approval to fill another Hotline vacancy from the last interview intake, and I was next on the list for the job, so I got offered the job straightaway as it was inside 3 months of the original jobs being advertised. Unfortunately, as we'd already guessed, the job is a full-time day shift Senior Consultant role, which is a drop in pay due to no shift penalties, but I've accepted it anyway as that's the role I really want - and I've put my name down to be switched to shift work as soon as a vacancy comes up (which will hopefully be soon, as they're advertising for a Supervisor position at the moment, and it's likely a shift Hotliner will get that job, leaving another shift Hotline position open).

The hardest thing about being told so late tonight is that I couldn't share it with anyone! So my work email was getting worked overtime as I let my family, Fraze and Hayles know ... I'll have to crack open a bottle of wine tomorrow to celebrate properly ... even though I'll be getting home after midnight again after another 2 hours overtime (this time from 2pm-4pm) - that means hopefully tomorrow will be my final day ever on the 'normal' phones, as I'm relieving another Hotliner for 3 weeks from Wednesday, then my new day shift roster will probably kick in.

Anyway, just wanted to share the happy news! :D Dunno how I'm gonna get to sleep now LOL.

23Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Oh Anne, I'm so excited for you, can you hear my screams? I know that it will be a little tight for you for a while, but it's what you've wanted and I'm so glad that you got it! Someday you and I will have to have a chat about all of these different positions so that I can even better understand what's going on. BUT, that doesn't stop me from sharing in your joy!

Congratulations, dear girl! :D

3:23 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

CONGRATULATIONS Anne, thats wonderful news for you, I lift my glass to you from over here in Cumbria UK

Hugs Su

3:56 AM  
Blogger Schokti said...

Congratulations, Anne! That rocks! I'm dancing with you! boo-boo-bee-doo :D

4:11 AM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Congratulations Anne :)

4:39 AM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

CONGRATULATIONS Anne! I'm so happy for you!!!

5:22 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Oh Anne! That's GREAT news!! Huge congratulations my friend! You must be so excited - and I am excited for you :) :) :)
WAY TO GO!! :D

5:43 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! I'm jumping up and down with glee over your new job!!! I think it's a great move in the long run.
Congratulations!! Where's that emoticon of the happy face guy rolling around?! Well, just imagine him here, LOL!

6:25 AM  
Blogger RĂ³sa said...

That's excellent news! Congratulations to you! :-D

6:51 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

That's a wonderful news. Congratulations!!!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

WooHooo!!! Congratulations! So pleased for you. I don't really understand all the different roles but so so glad you've got what you wanted! :)

7:28 AM  
Blogger Andie said...

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
Wahoooooooooo Anne!!!!! Way to go girl!!!!! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you!!!! What a lovely way to finish the day! :oD

7:39 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

that is awesome news Anne!! congratulations!!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Congratulations Annes That is wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is to a brighter future for you.... S XXXX

9:52 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

Whoo-hoo!!!! I am so excited for you, Anne! That is GREAT news--congratulations! I know taking a pay cut doesn't sound great, but I think it will really pay off in the long run! Big hugs to you!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

WOOT!! Delighted to hear your good news!! Congratulations : )

11:53 AM  
Blogger cathymk said...

Anne, this is awesome news!!! Congratulations!!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Woo Hoo! I am tickled pink for you!!! Congratulations!!! You deserve it! {{{hugs}}}

3:28 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Awesome news, Anne!! Congratulations :)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

Great news Anne...WOW you will be able to sleep at night, and think of all the stitching you can do in the evening! Well done!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Mel in Dubai said...

I get behind on my blog reading and I miss all the excitement - lol!

Fantastic news about the job, Anne! Congratulations :)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Marvellous Anne! Sounds good to me. Enjoy!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on getting the job Anne. Shame about the money side of it though.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Huge congrats on getting the job you want!!!!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home