Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

It's finally the Weekend!

For most of you your weekend is already started, but Sunday is Saturday for me this week, as it's my first day of two days off, yippee! Just went and spent some time with Roseanne and Laure before they headed back to Auckland again - it was lovely to wander down to St Kilda and have a leisurely brunch and coffee ... and managed to watch some fighter jets doing acrobatics in the sky, no doubt entertaining the Grand Prix audience just up the road - gave us some added excitement for the day! :D I just decided to give you a little piccie of Luna Park, a well known landmark in St Kilda, just for the sake of showing a picture in my blog ... I certainly don't have any stitching updates to show this week :( The photo was taken when Mum was here over Christmas - today it is quite overcast and I had to drag the winter clothes out, as the temperature has plummeted overnight ... one day the weather is 30C, the next 15C - go figure!! I guess that's just life in Melbourne! :D

On a stitching note, if any of you are interested in canvaswork, you have to take a look at this piece on the ANG website ... it's just stunning! Called Bargello Symphony by Loretta Spears, it's to die for ... it's even in pink, and I still love it haha.

Nothing else to report, really ... I'm planning to start my next charity block this afternoon/evening, as I really want to get my commitment stitching out of the way so I can get back to my rotation - I've also just added more and more things into my rotation, which might work out to be totally unmanageable, but we'll see ... Fingers crossed I'll have some stitching to show you tomorrow - I've got 3 DVD's on hand from Homescreen ... hopefully something will be worth watching this time - and if not, it'll aid with my stitching, I guess LOL. OK, off to start kitting it up ...

3Comments:

Blogger Litla Skvís said...

Oh wow! That piece is stunning!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

I am trying to catch up on blogs after my trip to London and then being sick. But I also wanted to congratulate you on your new job!!! How awesome for you!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Luna Park is in Melbourne? I thought it was in Sydney! Please tell me that it an amusement park chain or else that it moved very recently? Just when I think I am getting to know a bit of Aus.... ;)

Also, we are talking about doing a few days in Melbourne at the beginning of August; will you be around? It would be so fun to get together for lunch while David minds the children! :)

3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You learn something new everyday. I thought the only Luna park was the one in Sydney too :) When I lived in Aussie, it had been closed down for several years...can't remember why.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home