Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Back at the library again ...

Sorry about the rushed post last night - I visited Fraze last night and met his girlfriend Megan for the first time ... pretty bad considering they've been going out together for about a year now! Anyway, it was a lovely time had by all - Megan cooked an awesome lasagne, and we chilled out with a glass of wine and good conversation ... so good I didn't end up leaving until 1am yikes! It was really nice to finally meet Megan after all this time. I'm usually really shy meeting new people, but I felt comfortable right from the start. I also intend catching up with "Bah Humbug" himself this week some time, aka Fraze's Dad, but that's another day and I have to psych myself up for it haha.

Still no word from the phone man - the real estate agent has left messages on his phone to call either her or me on my mobile to organise a date to come and fix the phone line. Considering the last time he came he stated if there were more problems they'd have to knock a hole in the wall and rewire the whole thing, it's going to be a big job, me thinks. I'd actually bought a new cheap phone before Christmas, so that Mum could phone me (when I thought it was the phone that was dead) ... and when I read the receipt last week I noticed they have a 14-day 'cooling off period' when you can return the goods for a refund ... no questions asked, so I rushed in with the phone and I have the money back in my bank account again yippee! The great thing about the phone line issue is that the landlord pays for it, not me woohoo! :D

Anyway, I popped into the library to check my emails, as I was expecting one, so I thought I'd make better use of the trip and upload some progress piccies as well. I'm not sure how often I'll be popping to the library to check in, as their hours don't really match up well with my shifts a lot of the time ... by the time I get hooked up again, I may have set a new world record for unread feeds - I'd just started reading blogs again when my phone line crashed, and I'd managed to get it down to 690-ish ... I'm aiming for the new record of four figures! LOL. By the time I get connected again I just may have to "mark all as read" and start from scratch, as I think it's going to be way too much to try to catch up on.

Anyway, here's the progress to date of my two WIP's (I copied the piccies to disk) - I managed to finish off 4 hours on Flight of the Bumble Bees, and almost got the darning band completed ... but seeing as I wasn't really enjoying it, I decided to save the last bit until the next time I come to that rotation slot. Here is where I left them ... (yet another crappy photo sorry)



Now I just have one hour left on Egyptian Garden, before I get back to work on an old UFO - it's likely that with one rotation slot I'll get that finished, but then again I'm not very productive when I'm on 6pm shifts as I'm usually way too tired, so time will tell. Here's how I left EG at the end of the last 10 hours, and how it looks now ... I've started the over-one area in the centre - seeing as I'd already unpicked this once on different fabric and started over again, I wasn't in a hurry to start that part again, but I figure it has to be done at some stage, and if I just do 1-2 hours in every rotation slot, it will eventually all get filled in. My apologies, too - I'd meant to hunt down which fabric I'm using for this, as a couple of you have questioned it ... I know it was a Silkweaver opalescent fabric, but I can't remember which one - when I get up and running again at home, I'll find out for you :)

Before:


After:


And to finish off, here's another quote for you ... I just found this one on the 'net, as I forgot to bring it with me, but it's one of my all-time favourites ... I chose this to add to my Wessex Sampler, as I had started to embrace learning new things where my embroidery was concerned, and taking risks in the new challenges that brought. I suppose it's also partly responsible for why I'm here in Aussie now, as I ran with what life had to offer at the time ... life is too short ... :D
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. - Mark Twain"

16Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Dear Anne, I hope those phone problems get sorted out soon! Great thing that this is covered by the landlord though :D

Don't worry about those unread feeds - we all understand! (((hugs)))
Hope to see you back online soon! :)

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Egyptian Garden. It's so pretty.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anne...

I finally decided I would never catch up, and marked all mine read, and started over!

I love the colors in your Egyptian Garden.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope they get your phone problems figured out for you soon!

Your Egyptian Garden is looking wonderful!

I wouldn't worry about all of those unread feeds. I'll bet that you'll enjoy reading all of the new posts more if you just hit delete and start fresh :)

11:36 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wow, Anne, that's some awesome stitching you've been doing! Glad you had fun with friends - what a great way to unwind, even if you do miss your usual bedtime. ;>

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely work you have been doing! I hope you get your phone line problems fixed soon1 Must be frustrating!

12:51 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Your bees are looking great! You've made a lot of progress on EG. I hope to start that one this year - I have everything ready to go...just need the time!

3:00 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

It is so good that you can get to the library, at least, to get online! Love your EG - it is moving along so nicely now!

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your needlework is impressive!
SO sorry for your phone line problems...soon they will be fixed ~ hopefully!
:)

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is coming out beautiful!!!!

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{{{Anne}}}} I hope the phone problems get sorted soon. Both your wips are looking gorgeous

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, Anne, yes - just mark all those blogs as read!! I'm just now getting mine down to the low 200s and feeling a little better about it. But just a few days away and the count zooms again. At least you are getting lots of great stitching done with your enforced internet fast! Still, I hope they get it fixed pronto. :D

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Egyptian Sampler is looking great!

2:05 AM  
Blogger Meari said...

Sounds like a good time with Fraze & GF. ES is coming along nicely. I hope you get your phone issues resolved. What a pain.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anne :)

**~~HAPPY NEW YEAR~~**

I so know how it is without the internet........ I was without for about 3 weeks! Just catching up now :)

*hugs*

Andie

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Ariel said...

Thank you blog admin for creating this platform for everyone to express and write on, I want to tell someone today that If you are reading this and you are suffering from any kind of human disease, God just heard your prayer,Dr Itua Herbal Center Contact,Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or WhatsApp:+2348149277967.
 I was so very sick when I came across someone telling a story of his life on how Dr Itua gave his dead life back to her, Her Name was Achima Abelard A Germany lady.
Dr Itua helped me to cure my Bladder cancer, I took his treatment for 3 weeks and I was cured completely. He resides in west Africa but I ordered his herbal medicines through Mail which I received within 5 days. I was also instructed on how I will drink it for 3 weeks to cure which I did totally. I'm well now.
I think this Dr Itua is A GOD sent from heaven because i have heard several times that there is no cure but Dr Itua surprises me, put joy on my face.if you are suffering from,Bladder cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Multiple myeloma,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Neuroendocrine tumors,Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Ovarian cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer,Stomach cancer
Testicular cancer,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis. Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,Sinus cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Colon-Rectal Cancer,Chronic Fatigue.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home