Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A New Year - A New Start

OK, I fibbed ... yesterday I decided seeing as it was the first day of a New Year, and I hadn't finished my canvaswork rotation slot yet (I still had 4 hours of it left), I thought I'd drag out a new start ... I've had this piece kitted up for many many years, and thought it would be good to finally get it stitched up. This is definitely a challenging piece for me, as it's using stitches, materials and techniques never tried before. It's called "Flight of the Bumble Bees" by Ruth Schmuff Designs. This is the finished product:

I've already had to frog-stitch part of it last night, and can't say I'm particularly enjoying the darning of this band of bumble bees in Kreinik #8 braid ... you should see the rat's nest of threads hanging from the bottom of the canvas to be threaded back in afterwards hmmm. Sorry for the bad photo - I'll take a better one after the next rotation round, as there won't be much more progress on this one before I really DO get back to Egyptian Garden :) I might just do the last hour on the bees before I switch over, though, as I think I still have an hour of that rotation left to go ... I think I could manage another hour before I pull my hair out ;)



I just may be throwing a few quotes into my posts this year as well ... I saved a heap of quotes that interested me or touched me in some way, that I thought may be useful one day ... and I think I'll share a few of them every now and then. Here's the first one - and considering how I've been spending my days off so far, I think I can truthfully say I'm living! ;)
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live." - Lin Yutang

8Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I love the bee!! That # 8 Kreinik can be a pain at times for sure, but well worth the effort once you see the final result. :)

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the benefits of doing Needlepoint instead of cross stitch is that the back side can be messy :-). I like the start to your bees.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another cool design, Anne! The Kreinik is fiddly, but looks fantastic. :)

Love your quote too. Taking time to really look at the sky and enjoy the clouds, or watch the light changing throughout the day, loving the simple things in life put a lot of things in perspective.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Wow, that is such an impressive piece! You do have an eye for unique and beautiful designs, Anne :)

Love your quote. I have been doing a lot of this last week and it felt so good! :D

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a lovely piece Anne, the braid my be fiddly but it's certainly effective

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the bees and a what a great start. I like the the quote idea too. Think I may start collecting some of my favorites this year just to read over at the years end. Happy Stiching and living, CJ

3:13 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

hey there Anne, happy new year. Now this looks like an interesting piece, look forward to seeing more :)

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Ariel said...

Thank you blog admin for creating this platform for everyone to express and write on, I want to tell someone today that If you are reading this and you are suffering from any kind of human disease, God just heard your prayer,Dr Itua Herbal Center Contact,Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or WhatsApp:+2348149277967.
 I was so very sick when I came across someone telling a story of his life on how Dr Itua gave his dead life back to her, Her Name was Achima Abelard A Germany lady.
Dr Itua helped me to cure my Bladder cancer, I took his treatment for 3 weeks and I was cured completely. He resides in west Africa but I ordered his herbal medicines through Mail which I received within 5 days. I was also instructed on how I will drink it for 3 weeks to cure which I did totally. I'm well now.
I think this Dr Itua is A GOD sent from heaven because i have heard several times that there is no cure but Dr Itua surprises me, put joy on my face.if you are suffering from,Bladder cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Multiple myeloma,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Neuroendocrine tumors,Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Ovarian cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer,Stomach cancer
Testicular cancer,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis. Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,Sinus cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Colon-Rectal Cancer,Chronic Fatigue.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home