Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas to All!

Just a short post to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and the best of wishes to you and your families for the festive season - I hope 2007 sees all of your hopes and dreams come true!

It's been a pleasure knowing you throughout 2006, and I look forward to continuing the association in 2007!

Now, on to the WIP piccies I promised yesterday - this is my progress to date on the Chatelaine Leporello, but it's now on hold until I touch base with Jenna to work out our SAL schedule.



Next is my latest WIP, Bunnies in my Garden by With My Needle - Chelle, I was supposed to do this with the StitchingSmalls SAL too, but didn't find the time to fit it in ... it's actually quite a fun stitch :) I switched the nun's stitch thread from the horrible dusky pink, and replaced it with the light blue used in the bird, but in hindsight after stitching the bird I should have used a darker blue for the nun's stitch, never mind. With the bird you're supposed to use the light part of the skein for the belly, and the darker part for the top/main part of the bird, but my skein barely shows any difference in the colour variegation at all - in the end I pulled out my Needle Necessities threads and stitched the main part of the bird in 101 (Desdemona's Violets), and I think it looks OK. I now just have the main piece to stitch and the scissor fob - with any luck I just might get this one finished before the end of the year :)


Needlepages

Pinkeep - front (left) and back (right)

17Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Anne!!
Wishing you a fabulous 2007 as well.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Anne!

I need to finish up my Bunnies in the Garden...I was doing pretty good with keeping up with the SAL...and I'm not sure what happened! I'll have to pull it out again :)

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Bunnies project is looking fantastic, Anne! I would have never known you made a change on the little bird. It looks so cute! Sometime after the first of the year I'll have to pull the project out and get started. I thought the Summer Khaki fabric looked pretty dark. We'll see! Merry Christmas to you!

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a merry Christmas Anne, and for a happy and productive New Year! Looking forward to having you and your Mum visit in February!
Hugs,
Gina

12:33 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Merry Christmas Anne! Leporello looks good, you'll be caught up in no time, lolololol!

2:14 PM  
Blogger vee said...

Merry Christmas, Anne!

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bunnies in my garden is just adorable and I love the colors. Thanks for the good wishes. Happy Holidays to ya'll. CJ

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Anne! :)

Have a lovely day!

Both the starts are looking lovely ! :) Bunnies is so cute and the Leporello will be gorgeous!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Rowyn said...

Merry Christmas Anne. Glad to see you are back online for Christmas. Have a great one!

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Anne.
Have a lovely day!

(((hugs)))

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, sweetie you didn't have to stop working on your leporello completely! Your Bunnies in the Garden is looking fantastic, though. I'll be rooting you on for a 2006 finish on it. :) I like the color changes that you made. That much of the pink would have been way too much for you!

I hope that you have a marvelous Christmas and I just know that 2007 is going to be your year. I can feel it! *hug*

11:40 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oooo, Bunnies in the Garden! I have been meaning to put that one on my Wish List! I adore that one! And your Leporello is off to a smashing start!

1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to You Anne! I hope that 2007 brings you all of your dreams as well!
:D

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Anne, your bunnies are gorgeous. I think I will have to dig this one out next year.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Bunnies is looking terrific, like you I had to change the bird colour,

I hope that you have a really wonderful Christmas.
(((HUGS)))

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, Happy Christmas to you and your family!!!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feliz Navidad Anne

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home