Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Back to a Rotation

Well, so much for my plans to grid up the Leporello last night ... it was quite late, so I thought I'd just stitch on an 'existing' project for the rest of the night, and start the Leporello today ... um, well, that was the "plan" ...

In reality, I started stitching Chatelaine's Egyptian Garden, and I couldn't put it down ... so I ended up putting an entire 10 hours into it, and thus starting back into my rotation, which is well overdue :) Here's my progress to date.



And now I may have a partner in crime stitching with the Leporello - I'd love to do a SAL with you, Jenna ... I'll drop you an email shortly and we can work out how we want to do that.

Which also reminds me, I also have to get my Macaw or Rainbow Lorikeets kitted up for a SAL with Carina ... as well as the Bordeaux Sampler with Leslie and Carol, it's gonna be a busy time coming up :) But what a wonderful group of projects :D

I've actually been getting over a small dose of a virus since Thursday (I had to come home from work early on Friday), so it's been a perfect weekend just blobbing out and stitching ... heavenly :) But tomorrow I'm on 6am shifts, and there's a loud party going off next door ... not quite so heavenly :/ But then I look back at my Egyptian Garden, and that heavenly feeling comes back :D

I am thankful for stitching - and all the sheer pleasure, peace and joy that comes from it.

16Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Wow Anne! That's a whole lot of progress! It's looking gorgeous already :D

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't touched a needle in days and my anxiety is through the roof, so I think I'm going to spend some quiet stitching time to myself this morning. :)

Egyptian Garden is gorgeous. I really love that design and with all of the blues, it certainly suits you well. I'm so glad that you had such an enjoyable time working on it. THAT is what stitching is truly about for us.

I'm glad you are feeling better, too. *hug*

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better Anne, both Egyptian Garden and the Elizabeth designs ornie are gorgeous

2:32 AM  
Blogger vee said...

What a lovely piece! The colours are gorgeous.

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on starting EG. I LOVE that piece. It has all my favorite colors:)

3:44 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Great progress on EG!

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! Glad you're feeling better!

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, EG looks just fantastic. I'm glad stitching it made you feel so good as well.

What fabric are you using? It's perfect.

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's looking great Anne. What fabric are you using?

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another one here who wants to know what the fabric is - it's yummy!

It's looking gorgeous - Chatelaines are so lovely to stitch :) Glad it's making you smile :)

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you Anee the blessings that stitching offers is many fold. Awesome work too. CJ

4:25 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Oooooo that is so beautiful!!! I just love the rich colors in this piece and your fabric looks fantastic with it! Another query as to what you are using! LOL

Glad to hear you're feeling much better. Stitching is sometimes the only thing that keeps me sane. You are going to have a busy time with all those SAL, but I can't wait to see the beautiful results.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, EG is looking absolutely marvelous!! I'm glad you've spent some time with it again.

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne-Your EG is going to be stunning. I love your fabric choice. I've been holding off buying a Chatelaine and the more I see online the harder it is.

I understand 100% your feelings about stitching. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't stitch, I'd be nuttier than I am now.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

Anne,
The colors in EG are so gorgeous!!! I can't wait to watch your progress on this piece!

Are you going to stitch the macaw over one? I know you had talked about doing the lorrikeets that way (which would be gorgeous). Since I already started the perch over two, I'll just continue that way.... Looking forward to stitching with you!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Beautiful progress on EG. I have this in my stash to stitch...just need to find the time to do it! Congrats on your Excel award - you deserve it!!

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home