Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Great news for a change!

Sorry about the really rushed post yesterday - I've managed to book a spot at the library today, and have a whole 30 minutes to play with woohoo ;)

First up a big thank you for Christine D ... sorry, but I forgot to bring your email addy with me to the library ... I wanted to say thanks so much for your beautiful ornie - I love it! It's look stunning on my little ornie tree ... I'll post a piccie as soon as I get up and running properly again. Just wanted to let you know it arrived safe and sound, and it's awesome :D

The way I'm going my first post after Christmas is gonna be laden with piccies haha.

Now, on to the GREAT news ... I couldn't wait until later to announce it to the world haha. Today I was told I was one of the nominees for an "Excel Award" - which is basically when people think you've gone 'above and beyond the call of duty' and given excellence in service ... and I won it! I don't know who nominated me yet, but apparently that also gets me nominated for the overall yearly award (I doubt I'll get that though) ... and the best thing of all, I get a $150 gift voucher from David Jones to spend, as well as a certificate of excellence. How cool is that? Can you tell I'm rapt?? LOL. After struggling so much financially these last two months, it's going to be wonderful going shopping for something totally non-essential yippee ... and I think I may have already spent it in my mind. I've been dying to get an iPod for ages, and they've come down in price recently, so I think that's what I'll get ... I'm grinning from ear to ear! :D

I also heard from the phone technician today - he wanted to come and visit this morning, but of course I was at work - he's going to 'try' to get to my place late tomorrow afternoon, but no guarantees. That'll pretty much be the last chance he'll get before Christmas, so my fingers are seriously crossed he can make it ... that would be just awesome!

Aside from that I got a whole hour of stitching done last night on the Leporello ... it took me two nights gridding the fabric (not helped by Silkweaver cutting the edges on an angle, so I had difficulty getting everything in OK) ... so right now I just have a tiny blue blob on the fabric - by the time I'm internet-ready again, I might have something worth seeing ;)

Rightio, better run - I still need to do some internet banking and email reading, and my minutes are counting down rapidly ... (PS: Ally, I might have to check into your options of McD's - will have to check the yellow pages to see if any of them here have internet access ... I'm sure I could survive buying something to surf for a while LOL.)

16Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I logged on for just a few quick minutes and I'm so glad I did!! Hurray!! You so totally deserve this award and I'm ecstatic that others have seen the same thing. :D What a boost after having so many $$$$ go out the window.

Hope you can connect with the techie, lol!

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, that's brilliant news! You totally deserve the award and I'm sure you'll have fun spending the GC!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the phone front too!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

What a wonderful acknowledgement for your efforts......many happy congratulations!!!! Make sure you have lots of fun spending your loot......sure is nice when you have had to pinch pennies for sooo long. I am very happy and pleased for you sweetie!!

Fingers crossed for the phone guy to show up.
Excited Hugs,
Sandy

10:16 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Congratulations, Anne! You deserve it. Now go buy yourself something fun!

1:03 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Congratulations Anne that is great news, have fun spending your money.

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic news, Anne! I know the award is well deserved. Have a blast spending the voucher!

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! You go girl! I'm so glad that you won that award. You so deserve it. :) What a great Christmas present to you, too.

Eeep! If you have finished gridding your Leporello fabric, I had better get moving. I never gridded the difficult piece, with all of the irregular shaped bits. I don't want to get behind!

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm working my way round the blog roll for Saturday Photo Hunt, maybe by New Years i will get to everyone lol

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award...that is AWESOME!! Have fun spending your gift certificate :) Hope the phone dude shows up as planned!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

What grand news, Anne! I'm so happy for you. That is so totally deserved and opportune!
I'm sure this marks the start of a new era for you. Things will get better!
:D

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!! You deserve it.

3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooo Hoooo! Congratulations, Anne! You deserve it!

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, that is wonderful news. Congratulations!

4:19 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Well deserved I would say for your prize - well done girl!! Hope you manage to get your phone line fixed soon too.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

wahoo Anne, thats totally awesome, and well deserved too :) Look forward to hearing what you decide to buy for yourslelf - I'd go for an IPod too, you'll love it :)

hope your phone is sorted out soon as I can't wait to see a pic of your blue blob, lol. I will have pics of my parts up on my blog soon too. Take care xxx

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope things are sorted out soon with your phone! Congrats on the win! Huggers!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home