Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Spoilt rotten ... piccies galore

I have so much to show and tell from the last week or so, I just don't know where to start! I do want to say, though, a huge thanks to everyone for their friendship and support, especially during recent times - you've all helped me to stay positive and keep my head up above the water line, and I'm extremely grateful :D Thanks also to all the ladies who have spoilt me rotten lately ... and here are the spoils ... (to try and placate Blogger I decided to use the 'small' photo settings - just click on each one for the bigger piccie)

Dearest Carol, who sent me the beads for AoL I needed ... as well as a most exquisite fob with a beautiful wee blue bird on it - on Christmas Day they will be sitting on my Alyssa Gingher's in prime position :) I'm also considering using the darker DMC variegated thread for a Quaker RR I'm about to start with some wonderful blogging pals :D I love everything, thank you Carol :D

Thanks also to Christine, who sent me the most gorgeous Santa ornament - and look, he's in blue!!! :D I just love him to death, and he went straight onto the tree as soon as he arrived :) Thank you so much for your caring thought, it's awesome and he'll be treasured every year when he graces my tree! :D

Thanks also to Nicole (aka Elanor) for this wonderful parcel of goodies ... how awesome is that fabric??? I think I'm going to try and make a quilted wall hanging out of the duckie squares ... I just love it! And another exquisite ornie that's now gracing my tree - a beautiful quaker in my favourite colours that will be hanging from my computer desk year-round until next Christmas. But if that wasn't enough, which it was, there was also some scrummy threads and beads, and {{drool}} choccies (although please note the numbers in that bag have seriously dwindled since taking the piccie haha). Thanks again Nicole!

And last, but certainly not least, I was gobsmacked by a parcel from KarenV yesterday - I have to admit I knew this one was coming (although it still surprised me when it did), and I knew there was something off my wishlist in it ... but I was floored when I opened the envelope and found a HUGE selection off my wishlist. LHN's Winter Wonderland was pretty much at the top of my wishlist when I saw it recently, and I may just have to start that one as my 1st project for 2007 - and the Beehive NR has been on my wishlist for quite some time now. And the threads are almost all for a specific ornie both Mum and I wanted to stitch, so Mum and I will have to do a SAL when she arrives in February. Once again, I'm gobsmacked, and I really love everything thanks Karen! {{hugs}}

Seeing as there are so many goodies to share, I thought I'd have a separate post for them - tomorrow I'll do the stitching updates (not that there's much to show haha). The other gifties I received were wrapped up, so they're sitting under the tree until Christmas Day ... although the temptation is getting harder and harder to resist LOL.

Thanks again to everyone for their gifts - I feel a bit bad that I couldn't reciprocate this year, but I am very grateful for your friendship and support and I just adore everything! {{hugs}}.

9Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such wonderful gifts! I stitched that same Quaker in blues this past weekend...it's so pretty in those colors :)

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful gifts! :) Carol's fob is gorgeous and that blue Quaker is far to good just to save for Christmas! And a blue Santa! Ho, ho! Fantastic. And everything else too. Wonderful threads and fabric and charts - I'm so pleased for you :) Things are really on the up. Hooray! :)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

WOW!! It is all stunning and so very kind of all of these ladies.

I'm glad to hear you have your phone and internet back. Can't wait to see your stitching updates! :)

Merry Christmas Anne!!

11:58 AM  
Blogger lena-lou said...

Gorgeous gifts you have there Anne you will enjoy them all :-))
Merry Christmas to you ... have a great time!!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Senorita Stitches said...

You're blessed with some wonderful friends!

Merry Christmas, Anne!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww,what wonderful gifts you have been blessed with Anne. Everything is absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad to hear that your internet and phone is back,I missed reading your posts. I have been so sad reading about your last few weeks and wished there was something I could do to help. I am thrilled that you sound so happy and that you are smiling, that's the best christmas wish of all! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic New Year!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely mail :) Have fun playing with it all.

I hope you have a good Christmas

3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are being so thoroughly spoiled this Christmas. You deserve it! :D And you officially have my permission to open my wee giftie early, if you want. ;) Merry, Merry Christmas, my friend!

4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful gifts Anne, you so deserve them.

Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Enjoy the season. :)

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home