Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Gifties

As promised, here are piccies of the beautiful gifts received from my stitching pals - I apologise for the poor quality of the photos, as the light is almost as bad this morning as it was last night ... and I ended up taking them on top of my clothes that are drying (or in this case a bedsheet ... guess who will be ironing again soon? LOL). Piccies are not in any particular order :)

First up is a beautiful biscornu from Jenna - I have to admit, I knew what this one was, but it was still a wonderful surprise to see it first-hand and hold it :) And Jenna's stitching and finishing is perfection in itself - I just love it! :D It's going straight on display in my basket!

Next up is my gift from Katrina - how cool is this?? I adore the frangipani memo board, and it's really going to brighten up my fridge ... it's just perfect! And that would have been plenty enough, but I also received a gorgeous needlework roll ... funnily enough I have the chart bought all ready to make one for myself, but I just haven't pulled my finger out to give it a try yet ... and now there's no hurry! I just adore it!! And how perfect is it going to be for all my unfinished ornies to keep them in one place before they get finished? Thanks Katrina - I love everything! :D

Next up is a beautiful wallhanging from Sylvie - how did you ladies know I love blue so much? LOLOL. How gorgeous is this? I've never had a wallhanging before, and it's taking pride of place hanging up on the side of my computer desk so I can admire it every day - I just love it! Thank you so much Sylie, I adore it! :D

And last, but not least, here's another stunner - this time from Nicki. What a stunning ornie, and not one I'd attempt myself (mainly due to the finishing) - once again perfect finishing and stitching, and the colours are just beautiful. I've got two photos this time so you can see more of the stitching. Thanks Nicki, I truly love it!

And finally my gift to myself - bought just before my finances went bust ... I can finally drool all over my Gingher's Alyssa scissors - they're just so beautiful! Thanks to Jenna's ingenuity, I had to wait until now before I could see my little purchase ... and they were definitely worth waiting for!

Thanks again ladies for making my Christmas Day so special - I love all my gifts, and I'll treasure everything always {{hugs}}.

Ooh, I almost forgot ... this gave me a giggle ... how appropriate!! I obviously love the tree so much I turn myself into one!!! LOLOLOL.
You Are a Tree
You love every part of the holidays, down to the candy canes and stockings. And you're goofy enough to put a Christmas tree ornament on your tree!


Now it's off to work again - it's freezing outside (I'm sat here in my winter PJ's and dressing gown, go figure!), so I'll be bundling up in my jeans and polar fleece for the day ... what happened to those 43C days? LOL.

Have a wonderful day everyone! :D

8Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely gifts...and you can never have enough scissors!!!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Gorgeous gifts! I hope you had a happy Christmas. :)

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely stuff! ;) I especially like Sylvie's wallhanging - perfect colours!

It's been cold here too but it's warming up now :)

7:51 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wow, what great gifties! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the holidays!! :)

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, you lucky ducky. You received some gorgeous gifts-Enjoy!

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous gifts! I'm so happy I helped to make your Christmas so special this year :)

Oh and I need to thank you too as I received your gorgeous card yesterday.

(((hugs)))

4:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Wonderful gifties! I'm glad that you were spoiled for Christmas and like Sylvie, I'm glad that I could help make your Christmas a little more special. *hug*

1:26 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your Christmas gifts are all so lovely! What a lucky girl you are. I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas, Anne, and I wish you all the best in the upcoming new year.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home