Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

2006 Finishes & 2007 Goals

Yes, it's that time of the year again when we look back and see what we accomplished during the past year, and set our goals for the next one. I have to admit, I had a fantastic year for stitching finishes, even though most of them were 'small' projects. Here's the entire list:

1. Love needleroll ornament (Jeannette Douglas Designs)
2. Spring needleroll kit (Lorri Birmingham)
3. And Many More needlecase (Just Nan)
4. Merry Yule ornament (Erica Michaels Designs)
5. Becky’s Bees mirror
6. Oriental flowers 1 – charity quilt block (design by Sue Page)
7. Oriental flowers 2 – charity quilt block (design by Sue Page)
8. Thistle Treasure Bag (M Designs)
9. Shooting star scissors fob for Jenna (DMC freebie with modifications)
10. Home for Christmas ornament (Brightneedle)
11. World Trade Center charity quilt square
12. Star of Wonder ornament (With My Needle)
13. Herald Angels ornament (The Prairie Schooler)
14. Peace*Joy*Love ornament (Lizzie*Kate)
15. Echidna charity quilt block
16. Golden Garland ornament (Paw Printings)
17. Pinkeep (Indigo Rose freebie with modifications)
18. Melanie’s Exchange needleroll (mix of many designs - SBEBB)
19. Batman logo charity quilt block
20. Biscornu Exchange (Indigo Rose freebie with modifications – SBEBB)
21. Strawberry needleroll (The Sweetheart Tree)
22. Santa’s Stash ornament (Full Circle Designs)
23. Scissor fob exchange (Hardanger – StitchNZ group)
24. Redheads ducks square for round robin (Wings of the Wild Afghan, Stoney Creek)
25. Racing Cars charity quilt block (internet freebie)
26. Peace needleroll ornament (Jeannette Douglas Designs)
27. Blue needleroll for Isabelle (own mix of many designs)
28. Christmas Tree ornament (Elizabeth’s Designs)
29. Teddy Bear Santa Stocking (Lorri Birmingham)
30. White Christmas ornament – Beyond XS kit (The Victoria Sampler)
31. Fire Breathing Dragon charity quilt square (Pegasus Publications)
32. Summer at the Ocean needleroll (Jeannette Douglas Designs)
33. Parula Warbler for Vash’s RR (Vermillion Designs freebie)
34. Needleroll in redwork for Nicki (own design mix – Robin’s Nest BB)
35. Redwork exchange for Nancy (online freebie with changes - SBEBB)
36. Thisbe’s Needleroll (Shepherd’s Bush)
37. A Stitcher’s Needleroll (Lorri Birmingham)
38. Mail Art for Zohrah
39. Bumble the Bee: Waxer Pocket (Moss Creek Designs)
40. Cherry Blossoms Fob for Katrina (The Sweetheart Tree)
41. Winter Sampler Snippet for Lynn’s RR (Lizzie*Kate)
42. Dolphins Domain for Vicki & John (Cross My Heart)
43. Scented Keepsake lavender sachet for Jenna (Classic Stitches freebie)
44. Just Jack freebie (Just Nan)
45. Silken Roses Fob for Su (Sweetheart Tree – Robin’s Nest BB)
46. Winter (Country Seasons) by Prairie Schooler (Lynn’s RR)
47. Starry Starry Night ornament (JBW Designs)
48. Summer Solstice needleroll by Eventide Designs
49. Coffee Menu by Little House Needleworks
50. Winter’s Eve ornament by Country Cottage Needleworks
51. Christmas Tree ornament by Elizabeth’s Designs
52. Merry Yule ornament by Erica Michaels Designs
53. Pacific Pohutukawa by Jen’s Jems
54. Christmas Eve ornie by Elizabeth’s Designs
55. Bunnies in my Garden by With My Needle
56. Snow Fall needleroll by Shepherd's Bush

My 2006 goals didn't seem too bad at the time, but life got in the way and my accomplishments were quite poor. Here's how I went:

Completed:
Dolphins Domain UFO (yes - completed)
One more UFO (yes - completed)
Participate in 2 exchanges on SBEBB (yes - completed 3)
Christmas Ornie exchange RR (yes - completed)
Learn to make flat-fold (yes - completed)
Learn to make a biscornu (yes - completed)
Stitch a needleroll (yes - a couple completed)
Stitch a scissors fob (yes - completed)
Summer Into Autumn by Drawn Thread (yes - completed)
Bunnies in my Garden SAL by With My Needle (yes - stitching completed)

Started but not finished:
▪ Apricot Elegance SAL by Cindy Valentine ... started, but not finished
▪ Nature's Rest UFO ... did a few hours, but not completed
▪ Continue with my rotation ... um sort of, off and on
▪ Continue stitching from my stash ... again sort of, off and on

Not touched:
▪ Secret Garden SAL by FMNIS ... still waiting for the SAL to start
▪ Folding Cross Needlbook SAL by Indigo Rose ... um, no
▪ Lavender Thistle Collection SAL by Twisted Oaks ... um, no
▪ Strawberries So Faire SAL by With My Needle ... SAL didn't happen, unless I missed it!
▪ A December Box SAL by Cherished Stitches ... um, no
▪ Stitch a pincushion ... um, no but still hopeful!
▪ Start Angel of Love by L&L ... there are still a couple of days left yet!
▪ One project from Inspirations magazines ... um, no but still hopeful! (a canvaswork pincushion is kitted up to kill 2 birds with 1 stone!)

Seeing as I did so badly with my 2006 goals, my goals for 2007 are quite simple -

▪ Participate in Needleroll SAL weekends
▪ Participate in Christmas Ornament SAL weekends
▪ Participate in Quaker Friendship RR
▪ Complete my 50 Project Challenge
▪ Build my confidence by actually 'finish-finishing' a few things (eg And Many More needlecase, Bumble the Bee Waxer Pocket)
▪ Enjoy my stitching and not set too many goals!

13Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you have had an amazing job with finishing this year! Congrats on all the wonderful work:)

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've done so much this year! And I must say I think your 2007 goals are far more sensible than mine! (Yest to post mine but they're a bit out of control! LOL)

8:46 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

Wow - That's an amazing list of finishes! Congrats!

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne - congratulations!! You have had a great stitching 2006. I think you have been very wise in your choice of goals for 2007 (I will be following your lead, I think)
Looking forward to following your progress in 2007.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great list of accomplishments! I'd say your goals for 2007 sound entirely do-able. Who/what/where is the needleroll SAL and may I invite myself along? :o)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

You did badly for 2006?? Oh my, I think 56 finishes is A+++++++++++++++!!!!!!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Wow, that is quite a list. I can't wait to see what you have lined up for next year.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

What an amazing list of 2006 finishes - Congratulations!! Looking forward to seeing your 2007 projects.
I'm still getting my RAK info together. Somehow Christmas got in the way - pleasantly I must say. Hope to be able to join all you great people early in January.
Best wishes for a healthy & happy 2007.
Margaret

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um... WOW! That is quite an amazing list you have there. You blew me out of the water. :D Congratulations on such a successful year of stitching and best wishes for an even better one in 2007!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

WOW!! Way to go with all of your 2006 finishes Anne! You should definitely be proud of your accomplishments. Good luck with your goals in 2007!! :)

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You accomplished quite a lot in 2006! Wow!

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, your completed stitching list for 2006 is amazing!! Even if many were small, you still finished over one project a week! Hurray!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

Congrats on all your finishes! Wow!! Puts mine to shame. :(

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home