Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, January 12, 2007

"It's good to be back ..."

A HUGE "g'day" from Elwood!!! Yep, this is actually me sitting in front of my very own PC in my very own little flat - no, Houston, we no longer have a problem - we have a phone line!!! :D The phone technician called this morning to see if I was home, and if he could come round ... his job today still went ahead, but he finished it sooner than expected, and was able to fit me in woohoo!!! :D Unfortunately the phone jack is now right in front of the front window where the Christmas tree usually sits, so I've had to spend just under $40 for a 12 metre extension cable and double adaptor, seeing as my computer is miles away, and the double adaptor I had already got was for the geriatric phone connection originally in place - now we have a snazzy new one.

I've already made one call home on it, and exercised the phone line for almost 2 hours chatting to Mum ... and here are some photos expressly for her - the latest on my wall cracks. The first one also includes a great shot of the newly finished phone connection (I still have to vacuum up the mess and move the furniture back), as well as the lovely new crack I have along the middle of the wall, just nicely in line with the height of the sofa.

Next up is the top corner of the same wall - the window is now so out of plumb I can't actually close it at all, and the phone technician reckons the floor in the corner is actually on a bit of a slope now hmmm.

Next is the corner behind my bookcase which divides the lounge and dining rooms.

And lucky last is above the balcony door frame. Some of them actually look worse in real life than they do in the photo ... yep, definitely a good time to be looking for somewhere new, before I end up making an unexpected visit to the downstairs neighbours by landing on their heads!!

As for stitching, not as much to report as expected ... here's the latest progress photo of Bordeaux Sampler - I stayed up last night to finish of the over-one parts, and it's been put away again until next week. You can see by the groups of grapes down the left hand side of the border where the halfway mark is, so I'm now very very close to it :) Don't worry Carol about not being in the same place - I know you've been very busy doing gift stitching ... it's still nice knowing you and Leslie are stitching it as well, even though we don't have a designated night for it :)

Lastly I can show the latest UFO I've finished - this Cream Button Bag by Shelley Warner was from a Guild weekend Retreat in Auckland ... it just has to be made into a bag now, but that will happen on one of my 'finishing' slots in my rotation. It's pitiful how long this has been sitting around, as it only had four leaves left to be completed and the buttons added - it only took about 1-1/2 hours to finish!

This week I also started a SAL with Carina on the Ross Originals Macaw - it's hardly worth showing a progress piccie, as there's only a few stitches to show for it ... but by next Wednesday there should be something worth showing, as that's our new SAL night :)

Rightio, now it's time to get the icing ready for a chocolate cake I made this morning ... I'm not a baker by any stretch of the imagination, but I figure my skills will never improve if I don't give it a go, so I'm stretching myself a bit. And the guys from work are going to be my guinea pigs to help save my waistline :)

I also made Honey Coconut Biscuits which are quite yummy ... and a case of 2nd time lucky! I was making them on Wednesday morning to take into work, but the final ingredient was self raising flour, and when I was sifting it I found a big clump of insect eggs ... everything ended up in the bin. Then I finally made them again last night, and managed to have an accident with the oven tray - while taking it out of the oven the heat started coming through my right hand, so I tried to jiggle it a bit in my hand, only to have the whole thing start slipping ... I automatically grabbed it with my left hand, only to remember I didn't have an oven mitt on it - let's say I remembered bloody quickly!! Luckily I have a heap of ice cubes ready made in the freezer, and I ran a 1/4 sink of cold water and dumped every single cube into it - the throbbing pain was insane, and it's no wonder people sometimes don't survive major burns due to the shock from the pain! Anyway, it seems the ice bath really helped, as today it's only slightly tender and the blistering is thankfully in places that is letting me have full use of my hand ... phew!! I even managed a bit more stitching on Bordeaux after the accident, I think more to take my mind off it than anything else ;)

I still can't switch to (non)Beta Blogger, and I'm getting sick to death of clicking on the "we are ready for you, switch now" blurbs ... this kept happening for a while before losing my phone access, and it's still happening. It's getting a bit annoying, but perhaps I should just ignore the prompts until it changes into something nasty, like a final demand letter ;) Either that, or start looking at alternatives, as I understand a few people haven't been able to comment on my blog for quite some time :(

Well, no more chatting for me - time to get moving, as I have an early shift at work tomorrow (a mix of 8am and 5am shifts for 7 days), and I still have some housework to finish ... as well as organising some rental alerts on a few suburbs, and to get that icing done.

Oh boy, it's good to have the 'net at home again!!! :D Mind you, with 1160 unread feeds, I'm sorry but I really do have to mark all as read and start from scratch - it's just too much to handle. I hope I won't miss too much by doing that :( Hope to catch up with you all again soon :D

22Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try Wordpress - I've just moved my blog there (click on my username) and Barbara's moved across too. I had the same problem with not being able to swap, despite getting the banner saying I could and I know some people couldn't comment either, so I jumped ship. Wordpress is free and IMO a lot nicer than Blogger, although there are more restrictions, template-wise - email me if you want to chat more.

Glad you've got your phone connected again and congrats on your finish - it's really pretty!

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you again Anne! the sampler is looking great - it looks like a big piece, and those cracks look plain scary ;)

((hug))

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anne :)

Those cracks look really awful....it must be scary for you! I am afraid I would be looking for somewhere new too :)

Your Bordeaux Sampler is looking fabulous also :)

Blessings
Tannia

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Bordeaux Sampler is wonderful. You've made incredible progress on it.

I agree with the others, those cracks look scary.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Woohoo, you're back! :D :D
But geez, Anne, those cracks are awful! You need to get outta here, my friend.
I love you button piece - how adorable! :) :)

It's good to have you back... I missed you! (((hugs)))

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you, Anne! Those cracks look awful...
Your button piece is stunning, I love it!

Hugs

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO glad you are back Anne....Those cracks would make me a nervous wreck! Seems like the flat is busting at it seams!

All your progress pictures are lovely and that button piece is beautiful!
:)

12:13 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Take care of that burn! I'm still healing from a burn I got putting the turkey in the oven on Christmas day. Your projects are lovely.

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to have you back.

Are you sure you are safe in your flat!?

Your projects are coming along nicely and looking lovely.

Take care.

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those are some huge wall cracks! At least you don't own the place.

Your button flowers are cute and very different.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back!

It probably is a good thing you're hunting for new living quarters...I heard somewhere that horizontal cracks are never good.

Your button bag piece is very pretty!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Welcome back! Oh my gosh, those cracks! That is such a shame!! I am so jealous over your progress on Bordeaux!

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray - you're back!! :) But oh my, those cracks are definitely getting worse!

Lovely stitching - the button bag looks so pretty :)

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to see your post today, Anne! Those cracks really are very serious and I'm so glad you're getting out of there soon.

Your button bag is so delightful, it amazes me that you could have neglected it for so long! :D

9:13 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

hi there Anne, great to see you "back". omg, those cracks are frightful, you wouldn't want there to be an earthquake, do you have earthquakes in Melbourne??

Look forward to seeing the button bag made up sometime :) And your sampler looks great. Take care xx

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, so great to see you back!
Just love your progress on Bordeaux!

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Button Bag to be is gorgeous -- what a great idea! The cracks in your apartment are truly frightening, and I hope your hand heals quickly and am glad the burn wasn't any worse.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG those cracks look bad! You be careful!

Great stitching! Glad you're back too. Missed you.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wYour Bordeaux Sampler [hope i spelled it correctly] is awesome. i enjoy seeing the progress on that one : )

I'll check you out on wordpress. Blogger has been difficult to work with lately.

Enjoy the week-end

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you have easy at home access but keep looking for that new flat, those cracks look like serious trouble. You have made a lot of progress on the sampler since I last took a look and it is great. The button project is very cute, always fun to discover a quick finish like that. Happy Stitching and blogging, CJ

6:22 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Your Bordeaux Sampler is looking great! I love the little button flowers too - too cute!!

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Ariel said...

Thank you blog admin for creating this platform for everyone to express and write on, I want to tell someone today that If you are reading this and you are suffering from any kind of human disease, God just heard your prayer,Dr Itua Herbal Center Contact,Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or WhatsApp:+2348149277967.
 I was so very sick when I came across someone telling a story of his life on how Dr Itua gave his dead life back to her, Her Name was Achima Abelard A Germany lady.
Dr Itua helped me to cure my Bladder cancer, I took his treatment for 3 weeks and I was cured completely. He resides in west Africa but I ordered his herbal medicines through Mail which I received within 5 days. I was also instructed on how I will drink it for 3 weeks to cure which I did totally. I'm well now.
I think this Dr Itua is A GOD sent from heaven because i have heard several times that there is no cure but Dr Itua surprises me, put joy on my face.if you are suffering from,Bladder cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Multiple myeloma,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Neuroendocrine tumors,Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Ovarian cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer,Stomach cancer
Testicular cancer,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis. Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,Sinus cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Colon-Rectal Cancer,Chronic Fatigue.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home