Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

For KarenV

Thanks Karen - I think maybe it's just the photo on the chart ... it just looks so 'drab', all grey/green - when I saw yours being stitched I remember all the lovely golden autumn colours predominantly - but then again, maybe that was my own brain's reaction 'cos I love those colours, and that's what I mainly saw! I'll start stitching it the way the chart intends it on a separate piece of fabric, I think - it's the lettering that doesn't really 'gel' with me, so I might change that to an overdyed as well, in more autumn tonings, and see what it looks like. Thanks for the offer of the silk overdyed - I have to admit, the colours look OK there, it's just the lettering, I think. Mind you, now I'm having a closer look at the threads that came in the kit, it's not as 'grey'-looking as the photo, so maybe it'll be OK as it is ... I just looked at the photo when it arrived, and went "ooh, yuk!" Maybe that's why I've not been a Drawn Thread fan before now - 'cos the colours always look so drab ... oh no, that could open up a whole new can of worms, that means I might have to get more to try them out LOLOL. Thanks for your advice, anyway - I'll start stitching it and see how I go ... Hugs :)

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home