Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Happy Mail Day!!


Just a quick post to say "I got mail" today ... I received the first ever stitched item from someone else. I was very lucky to be the recipient of one of Jenna's ornaments - the Peace needleroll ... I adore it! The blue is gorgeous, and the stitching and finishing beautiful :) I can only apologise for the poor photo I took - my camera just wouldn't get focused on it properly in the bad light tonight ... and I was too impatient to wait until tomorrow to take a photo! It is also the first ever stitched ornament I've owned ... since my own first efforts still sit unfinished hmmm. And the great thing about this ornament is that it won't look out of place sitting in my stitching smalls basket, so I can enjoy it year-round. Thanks again, Jenna - you're a real sweetheart!! :)) I also can't believe that mine arrived at the same time some of the ones are arriving in the USA - Australia Post rocks! ;) So tonight it is sitting pride of place on the very front of my little Christmas tree, and it looks lovely :)) Jenna also sent along some threads that she used to stitch a needleroll that she has in her photo album that I fell in love with - yet another very generous gift ... the colours are stunning!! I really, really adore them - the Blue Lagoon threads by the Caron Collection are to die for, and the Blue Lavender Waterlilies is truly beautiful :) I can't wait to stitch with these threads - yummo!!!

Re the carrot saga - I have to admit, Carol (in PA), I actually bought some orange Fimo to try making a carrot nose myself, but then I saw the buttons while I was ordering some opalescent fabric I needed for an ornament exchange I've joined - seeing I was ordering the fabric anyway, I figured I might as well pop those into the envelope too. As it is, I've got a FOTM order still with Country Stitch, so I'll probably still order the medium one - but I may have a go and make the Fimo one too and make my decision later. Regardless, it won't be finished ready for this Christmas, as I've decided to make it into a flat-fold finish, and don't have the time or energy to do that just yet ... might as well make use of that Fimo, though ;)

We're having a 'Hotline' breakfast tomorrow - I'm on a 5am shift still, so it will coincide nicely with my lunch break yummo ... Eggs Benedict sounds like a wonderful lunch at 9am LOL.

Might have found one thing to buy with my Christmas money - Mum and I were shopping at Camberwell after work today, and popped into the local sewing machine shop for Mum to get a reel of cotton, and I spied some beautiful Klasse scissors in the window ... I had a blonde moment earlier in the year and had my beautiful Gingher scissors confiscated at the airport (I forgot I'd taken 2 pairs with me to NZ, and only remembered to put 1 pair into my suitcase, with my good Gingher ones in my carry-on ... hmmm, bye-bye scissors!! - pretty blonde thing to do considering I work for an airline haha). So, Mum suggested I buy myself some good scissors again - great idea ... I get to buy something related to stitching as well as being practical - and so much prettier than an iron ;) LOL.

Anyway, off to bed I go ... just a quick post, as I'm running late with everything - and it's almost 8pm, past my bed time yikes!

6Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Oh my God, Anne - you've been spoilt! I love those Jeannette Douglas needlerolls - I actually have the Love Ornie as a WIP and it is a delightful stitch! I'll definitely stitch the Peace ornie as well - this one is so much in our favourite colour scheme, Anne, isn't it? :o)

Jenna is an angel! Glad to know that she sprinkled some if her Christmas magic on you :)

9:46 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I was also a very lucky recipient of Jenna's gorgeous ornaments - isn't her stitching incredible? Showed me that I still have a lot of room for improvement! We also want to enjoy ours year-round!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

New scissors sounds like a great idea and the ornament is beautiful! I stitched that one myself this year ... and I'm keeping it!

1:43 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

That is a beautiful needleroll and scissors sound like a great idea! :) Too bad about the confiscated ones...makes you wonder what they do w/ all the ones they confiscate? hmmmm...
Hope your eggs benedict was YUMMY! :D

3:10 AM  
Blogger Von said...

What a perfect solution - new embroidery scissors!! We stitchers need many, many pair :) My heart aches for the pair you lost to the airline. BTW, Anne, (as Kim asked)what DO they do with all those scissors they confiscate? It seems since you work for them, you might have an "in" for possibly acquiring some of them. They wouldn't throw them in the trash would they? My heart is breaking at the thought!!
Signed, a true scissor fanatic :)
p.s. Enjoy Jenna's needleroll!!

3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you like the needleroll and even more pleased that it managed to arrive in time. The post office must be working overtime, because I think that ALL of my gifts reached their destinations before Christmas, including a package to Zohrah in Singapore! Wooohoooooo!

Merry Christmas, dear girl, and enjoy the wonderful new scissors. Your mum is a smart cookie!

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home