Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Still alive ...

Haven't been posting due to spending time with the Dragon (aka Mum) - she arrived bright and early on Thursday morning, and I ended up with both Fraze and Mum as visitors that night ... Mum crashed out early on the sofa, while Fraze and I howled out loud watching Chris Rock's HBO special on DVD, and having a few bevvies. Friday morning I woke up with a painful headache, mainly because Fraze and I woke up with the teeming rain at about 4.30am - and got up to chat for a while with Mum. At about 5.30am I hit the hay for another hour, then Fraze had to go to work while Mum and I spent the day out shopping at Queen Victoria markets until about 3pm ... after a sushi 'lunch' I crashed out badly until 7pm, managed to stay awake for another 2 hours, then hit the hay yet again until 4am before work! So, all-in-all, no great stitching progress made ...

The good news, though, is that I finally finished my gift piece ... not quite how I intended it to look - I was whip-stitching the edges with beads, but the shade of the beads didn't really suit it, so a-frogging I went ... I ended up just leaving the whip-stitching plain, and got it finished and stuffed tonight. That means I can finally get it in the post tomorrow - yippee!!!

That now means that I can resume scheduled programming, aka my rotation ... so the Dratteds are back on the floorstand, and ready for their 10 hours worth. I'm on 5am's all week, so that's a good one to get stitching done. It also means I should be able to get back to blogging again - can't wait to see what everyone's been up to :)

4Comments:

Blogger Bine said...

It seems you had some busy days :-) but hopefully a lot of fun as well. I'm glad you're back to normality 'cause I really missed you blogging :-)))
Can't wait to see your gift piece.

11:07 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Is 'dragon' sort of an affectionate nickname for your mom? Sounds like busy, good days - take care and enjoy!

5:55 AM  
Blogger Von said...

I've missed you the last few days, Anne, but life gets in the way of blogging sometimes :) Glad you had such lovely visits

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you, Anne! I haven't had time to blog much either. Tell you mum I said hi! :)

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home