Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Oh, happy days :)

A quick post before I head off to bed ready for my 4.50am wake-up call ... I'm breathing a heavy sigh of relief and contentment tonight for a couple of different reasons:

  1. Mum will be here after only 5 more sleeps
  2. I only have one more week of phones before I'm back on the Supervisor Hotline for 6 whole weeks (until the end of January)
  3. I received some lovely mail today (more later)
  4. I don't have to wear business clothes for a whole month - as we now have casual dress right up until the middle of January ... welcome to 5 weeks of trackies and jeans yippee! (especially good for those late/early shifts)
  5. For the last 2 nights I have been overjoyed to witness flocks (?) of rainbow lorikeets - my favourite Aussie birds - flying over my little flat on their way to roost at the end of the day ... it takes my breath away, and is such a joy to witness (I'm a big softie at heart)

and, last but by no means least ...

6. I got all the stitching done on the front of my little gift piece tonight!!!!!

Yep, it's true - it's all 'finished' ... I just have to do the actual finishing, and it's ready to go in the post. I've scanned a photo of it, but I can't unveil it until it reaches its recipient - as usual, though, the scan doesn't do the piece justice with those lovely sparkles ... but I can give you a little sneak preview of how blending filament should actually look ... ie shiny!! ;) I have to admit, I'm glad I persevered with it - it does look pretty cool once it's finished ... can't wait to show you!

As for my mail, today I received some trade fabric from Karen - and it's the most gorgeous hand-dyed Belfast by Silkweaver called "Fern" ... totally scrummy - thanks so much for that, Karen ... hopefully you'll find your return trade OK once I get it in the mail:)

I also received my FOTM from Country Stitch, which was a bit more disappointing (just normal linens, not hand-dyeds), and something I'm probably going to cancel from next month. Unfortunately my recent stash splurges were a bit of a stuff-up, in that I worked out the conversion all wrong, so ended up spending a LOT more than I should have ... so now I'm having to make a few budget cuts to offset it. Oh well, such is life ... At least I have plenty of stash to keep me going in my days of poverty LOL - and I can always live on tuna for a couple of weeks hahaha.

Which reminds me - my last stash haul from SB&B has finally been shipped ... it left on the 5th, so with any luck it will be here within the next week ... woohoo!!! Then I can enjoy drooling over it, and get the guilt over and done with before Christmas LOL ;)

So, tonight I'm heading to bed with a smile on my face - all-in-all it's been a good day. Hope your weekend is going well too :)

4Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Doin' the HD with you for your finish and your mail day! Great to hear about all the good things coming at work and you mom's visit. You deserve a long run of good things :)
Sometimes I get antsy to sign up for some of the FOTM clubs when I see all the lovelies everyone gets. But I know they would sit in my stash for too long, and it's great fun to treat myself to stash when I visit an NS on my out-of-town trips. That makes the ol' Amex card hot enough, lol!

4:40 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Sounds like life is good in your corner of the universe - very glad to hear it!

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy times on the way! I can see the lovely sparklies just in the little teaser of a pic that you posted. I imagine it was well worth having to pick it out and restitch, it, at least I hope it was! Either way, I'm sure that the recipient will be VERY appreciative of the time you spent! Hope your SB&B order gets to you soon!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Wow - congratulations! YOu sound like you have so much to be happy about right now. Awesome!

I am hearing great comments on Silkweaver's Fern linen... might just have to try some myself :-)

Can't wait to see your pic of your giftie you sent out somewhere... :-)

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home