Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Just in the nick of time ...!!

Yup, 'tis Christmas Eve and I FINALLY got my very first stitched ornaments completely finished ... ie they are now actual ornaments! Yippee!! I'm pretty pleased with them, to say they're my first ones :) I was a bit hesitant with the cardboard cutting etc, and I have to admit to using glue, which is also a first for me!

One ornament is for me (the Christmas tree one on the left) - and one for my best Aussie mate's Mum as a bit of a wind-up for his Dad ... his Dad isn't keen on Christmas, but his Mum adores it - every year when he starts moaning, I just say "oh, bah humbug" to him ... it's become a bit of a joke between us. Last year he was going to buy me a jar of humbugs for my Christmas present ... well, this year he might want to hit me instead, but I just couldn't resist this ornament when I first saw it! So, the "No Humbugs Allowed" goes to Carol and Len ... may you still allow me back in the house in 2006! LOL.

14Comments:

Blogger Lana said...

wow! These are beautiful! Good job! You did a great job, for your first time "ornamentifying" Mine don't even look that nice! This was my first try at ornamentifying too, I need to put pics up still. I need to practice! Yours look professional! Both stitching and finishing!
~Lana~

12:07 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Your ornaments are lovely!! And that humbug story is just too funny.

Have a wonderful Christmas, dear Anne! :o)

Sending Big Hugs from France to Australia :o)

3:05 AM  
Blogger lobea2004 said...

Anne, your ornaments turned out beautiful. Merry Christmas! Kisses from Florence

3:39 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I love the ornies and what a wonderful job you did finishing them. And the Bah Humbug one is so appropriate for Carol/Len!! What a hoot. Merry Christmas to you, Anne!

Carol in Pa.

3:53 AM  
Blogger Nancy in IL said...

Anne, I can't believe how beautifully these ornaments turned out (so very neat - perfect), and with my sense of humor, I would love your FIL, so your humbug ornament is my favorite. It's just adorable. Thanks for sharing your finishing talents. Your upbeat personality shines through every post.

4:20 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Anne, your ornaments ROCK! What an amazing job!!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Anne - Barbara said it best - THEY ROCK! Wow, so nice - I love the humbug one :-) Merry Christmas, my dear friend!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Your ornament finishes look great! You weren't alone; I was still finishing a couple yesterday (Dec 24) too! :)

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job girlfriend! Are you sure your a novice? :) How did Carol and Len like their humbug ornament? :D

4:19 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Wow, Anne! Excellent finishing!! Love the "Humbug" ornament and can't wait to hear how it was received :)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Your ornaments are so lovely.. Love both of them. :)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Bine said...

Anne, your ornaments are excellent. They really look professional! Did you use any instructions?

6:09 AM  
Blogger Tobie said...

Hi Anne, your ornies are lovely!! Your cording and coordinating fabric are perfect too. :)

6:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anne, the ornaments are lovely! You do beautiful work! I had such good intentions of getting at least one done this year. Funny how life seems to keep getting in the way! Hope your Christmas was merry and bright!

Connie at the Lacey Thread

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home