Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Stitching Bloggers Questions

For some reason my Yahoo group emails keep bouncing, and I'm not receiving a lot of posts, including the SBQ's, so I just remembered to go get them from the website ...

Been off colour the last two days, so took the day off today, and probably will tomorrow as well - I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck ... I don't have a head cold yet, but I've had really bad chills at work, and my muscles really hurt especially in my thighs, along with a mild headache, and my concentration was appalling at work yesterday ... after calling in sick to work today I managed to finish off 11 hours sleep! Crikey!! To say I've done no exercise whatsoever this week, my muscles are killing me, and I'm walking around like an old geriatric. I couldn't even bear to put on a DVD to watch, so I obviously am not well in the slightest! LOL. I tried stitching for a couple of hours later tonight, trying to work out what to stitch for my Melanie's Exchange gift on the SBEBB, but haven't had much inspiration yet ... it ended up turning out to be a great project for a biscornu, but that's a different exchange ... back to the drawing board again. Maybe I should leave that one until my head is back on my shoulders properly!

Anyway, I thought I'd jump online and check emails, and just remembered the SBQ's, so here goes ...

22 March - Today's SBQ was suggested by Carol and is:
"Have you ever participated in a needlework mystery (ie, a design that you started before knowing how it will look in the end and by which you receive parts of the design via the internet, magazines, or leaflets at spaced intervals)? If so, why did you decide to do the mystery? What appealed to you about it? Did you enjoy it? If you have not done a mystery, would you ever do one?"
I can honestly say my first ever mystery I signed up for was Chatelaine's recent Sea Quilt - I signed up for the first 4 squares, thinking the description sounded perfect for my best friend who's a fish nutritionist (among other things) and loves diving ... but I'm sorry to say I was definitely disappointed when I saw a glimpse of the whole project, and it stopped me signing up for any more - it was totally different to what I expected ... I expected everything to be 'underwater' things, but there are ships wheels and lighthouses etc, and not an actual fish in sight. It's still very nice, just not what I want to stitch. No doubt I'll make one or two of the squares up one day, and probably turn them into pincushions for my smalls basket maybe. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about mysteries on the whole - I do like the idea, and as long as the outlay isn't too bad for the materials, I'd be keen to try another one. I love the idea of receiving a set amount of stitching every month, or at a specified interval - and I love seeing everyone else stitching the different mysteries ...

5 April - Today's SBQ is:
"Do you stitch "on the go?" (On the commute to and from work, during your lunch break, waiting for the kids, etc) If so, do you have aspecific "travel" project or do you just grab whatever you happen to be working on and take it with you?"
Unfortunately I only get 30 minutes lunch break, so I don't get time to stitch during the day as I take the time to walk down to my PO Box to get my mail on weekdays, and I drive to work so don't have time during commuting either - I also get really travel sick, so stitching during a commute probably wouldn't be a great option anyway. The only time I can get away with stitching at work is on the overnight shift, ie 9pm to 5am - if the calls are quiet, I can take a small project into work to put a few stitches into it - I usually have a small project in a plastic pouch that's ready to be picked up and taken with me, but I rarely have the opportunity to stitch it.

5Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Anne, sorry to hear that you're not well my friend. Put yourself to bed for a few hours, sleep sounds like the best thing for you at the moment.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Sounds like you may have a touch of the flu, Anne. Sleep is definitely the order of the day. Do take care of yourself!
Thea is definitely a delightful lady. It was wonderful to get to know her as one of the girls - not that I wouldn't love to go to one of her Victoria Holidays where she's the teacher!!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Anne - rest up and relax. And enjoy your weekend!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Aw, I am so sorry you didn't care for the Sea Quilt. Such a shame, Chatelaine's designs are usually so wonderful :-) Have a nice restful weekend!!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am a bit behind the eight ball this week with reading blogs, but hope that you are feeling better Anne. I have a scratchy throat and horrid headache too so maybe I am going out in sympathy.

Loved the wee enchida piece too....

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home